Hiyo, long time no update. I’m finally making an effort to consolidate my book blog and book review channel (if you can call it that), meaning what I write here will more or less reflect what I’m planning to discuss in video format if all goes according to plan. I also wanna take my GR reviews and make them more concise and coherent and cross-post them here.
October was perhaps my most active month for reading since I just got back home from school and I’ve had the chance to give into my primal, book-hording nature and procrastinate on… phd apps oops. I had to go to my local library and get a new library card since my old one, which I’ve had since I was in kindergarten, expired. RIP my dalmation sticker card. Yeah, so anyway – I love making lists and organizing what I’ve done, so here we go.
I read 5 novels this month in the following order:
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao – 3.5/5 stars | Review
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo – 3/5 stars | Review
- The Hunter’s Moon by O. R. Melling – 1/5 stars | Review
- The Killing Moon by N. K. Jemisin – 4/5 stars| Review
- The Tiger’s Daughter by K. Arsenault Rivera – DNF, 1/5 stars | Review
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir (currently reading)