Hiyo, so I finally decided to give Fairyloot a try for the month of July 2018. This month’s theme was the Power Within. This was very exciting since I’ve never tried a book subscription box before.
Click here for my unboxing video.
To start off, every box comes with a spoiler card that lists the contents of the box. The other side doubles as a snazzy illustration for that month’s theme. The theme for July’s box is The Power Within (as seen here)
The contents of the box are as follows:
1. An exclusive magical mug that changes color after pouring a hot beverage of your choice into it. The quote is designed by Little Inkling Designs and has a quote from the Fallen Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes.
2. Theron’s Study Room Spray by Geeky Clean. Inspired by Snow Like Ashes by Sarah Raasch. This is a lavender scented room spray, vegan and cruelty free.
3. A vinyl sticker saying “Ond Eldr,” which means “Breathe Fire,” inspired by Sky in the Deep by Adreinne Young. Brought to you by Reverie and Ink.
4. A tea towel designed by KDP Letters. It has a quote from And I Darken by Kiersten White printed on it. This item has a misprint where the quote is printed horizontally reflected. Fairyloot has notified those who got this box that a replacement will be sent to recipients in ~2 months.
5. A broomstick pen inspired by Harry Potter‘s Quidditch. It also sports a quote from the series on the side.
6. A beautiful Children of Blood and Bone print of Zelie, the protagonist of that series. The illustration is by Diana Worak. My print got stuck to the next item, the Sweet Black Waves postcard, so please ignore the white spot.
7. Said Sweet Black Waves post card
8. The book of the month, Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton. This version of the book is a Fairyloot exclusive, with red sprayed edges and a signed cover page. It also came with a printed illustration of the main characters, Mia and Quin, by the artist Noverantale. The back of the print comes with a note from the author.
Overall, I’m excited that this box came with such cool prints. As an artist, I like having illustrations by other people as inspiration. I was pleasantly surprised when I got not one, not two, but THREE wonderful prints in my possession.
The box also came with an interview from the author which I have yet to read through and a sneak preview of the next month’s box, which has the theme Mutinous Pirates.