Hi, y’all. My name is Alice and I call myself the Noodle Queen heh.
- libra sun/scorpio moon
- intj 5w4
- eng/中文/de/日本語すこし ok
- in the dairyland, US
- science by day, petty saltbinch by night
- book reviewer / artist / writer as a hobby
- Twitter: @honorable_books
- For book fandom and posting my art 😀
- Goodreads: Arisutocrat
- Youtube channel (Booktube): Aristocrat
- Tumblr: akamido
Currently based in the USA. I’ve recently graduated with a masters in neuroscience : D. I love me some fantasy stories and animanga. I mostly read high fantasy and historical fiction, but I’m a very temperamental reader, so I’m pretty lassez faire when I choose books to read, for better or worse. I read where the wind takes me OWO. I’m also an aspiring writer of fantastical wish-fulfiling levels. I also talk about food a lot.
Rating System: I rate books based on how much I enjoy them, so it’s subjective. I try to elaborate on why I rate them as I do, but heh. I do this for fun. Some of my reviews are more articulate than others. If I don’t have much to say about a book, I usually opt for a star review and a few comments. If I have plenty to discuss, definitely expect an in-depth review.
Review policy (in the works):
I primarily cover YA and adult fantasy, scifi, and historical fiction. I am open to inclusion of romantic elements in books I seek out. Open and eager to read books that include LGBTQIAP+ characters and characters of color and other forms of diversity. I give my honest opinion and feedback in my reviews, which may be posted on my Goodreads account, WordPress blog, and/or Booktube channel. Due to the nature of reviewing books in general, I may not necessarily provide a positive review for books received, as the two major criterion I take into consideration in my reviews are my personal enjoyment and my opinion on the quality of the book in question.
Tropes I love:
- Princesses. If you got one, you got a foot in the door of this house.
- Broken Ace
Tropes I hate:
- Childhood friends to lover syndrome. I will complain and moan about this all the time, but if it’s written well I’m a-ok with it.
Once Upon a Never OTPs
- Zutara, of course. I’m still salty about that and I will never stop being salty.