Happy April, everyone! This is my March wrap-up post. I finished 9 books this month:
- Kakuriyo Vol. 2 – Wako Ioka | 5 stars
- Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue – Mackenzi Lee | 4 stars
- Game of Stars – Sayantani Dasgupta| 4.5 stars
- Lady Smoke – Laura Sebastian | 3 stars
- Warcross – Marie Lu | 4 stars
- Queen’s Resistance – Rebecca Ross | review | 4 stars
- Wildcard – Marie Lu | 3 stars
- Ruse – Cindy Pon | 4 stars
- The Dragon Warrior – Katie Zhao | (ARC) review |5 stars
Most Anticipated Read of April: King of Fools by Amanda Foody, sequel to Ace of Shades, which I adore. I’m ready for some more shady underworld activity ushered by local noble youths.
Favorite Read in March: The Dragon Warrior by Katie Zhao! I adored this book. I was lucky enough to win an ARC copy of this from Katie Zhao’s twitter giveaway. TDW is truly a delight and I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a middle grade book with some cool mythology and adventure, but I would ESPECIALLY recommend it to diaspora readers because it made me feel all warm and tingly on the inside after finishing it as an OwnVoices reader. Plus, the cover is illustrated by Vivienne To who is also responsible for my much beloved Kiranmala and the Kingdom of Beyond book covers.
Least Favorite Read in March: Lady Smoke by Laura Sebastian, sequel to Ash Princess. I filmed a video review of it, so please look out for that in the future. This just felt like a rehash of the first book, down to the events of the climax.
Note: I’ll be going on a trip to Shanghai and Suzhou later this month. I’m not in the habit of bringing a trunk of books to read, but I’ll probably bring one or two along for my flights and downtime.